Alles im Wunderland /
The international group exhibition questions the separation between the human-made categories “animal” and “human” and directs its gaze straight to the animals, which one is reluctant to encounter in everyday life.
With works by: Monira Al Qadiri / Dominika Bednarsky / Frank Brechter / Edi Danartono / Max Eulitz / Lili Fischer / Sverre Fredrikson & Zaou Vaughan / Ryan Gander / Andreas Greiner / Ann-Kristin Hamm / Klara Hobza / Zac Langdon-Pole / Oliver Laric / Isa Melsheimer / Katja Novitskova / Aude Pariset / Jonathan Penca / Heather Phillipson / Lucy Powell / Christa Sommerer & Laurent Mignonneau / Simon Van Heddegem / Władysław Starewicz
The exhibition Alles im Wunderland part of the cooperation Artentreffen along the RMV-S-Bahn line 8 with the Art and Culture Foundation Opelvillen Rüsselsheim and the German Leather Museum in Offenbach am Main. Artentreffen is funded by the Kulturfonds Frankfurt RheinMain.
Follow Fluxus 2020 - David Horvitz / lessons
In his exhibition, David Horvitz processes his own life situation as an artist and father in times of the global corona pandemic. Together with his 5-year-old daughter, he developed an interactive exhibition for the Kunstverein, which will continue to grow during its duration and will be expanded by visitors.
Clemens von Wedemeyer / Procession
As a parcours partner of the B3 Biennale of Moving Images 2020 and cooperation partner of exground filmfest 33 with this year's focus on Italy, the Nassauischer Kunstverein Wiesbaden is showing Clemens von Wedemeyer's Film Procession. The cinematic essay examines the meaning of protests that demanded social justice at different times.
Thursday, October 1st, 2020
Soft opening from 6pm to 10pm
Due to the measures taken to contain COVID-19, we are not opening in a traditional sense. It is not necessary to register in advance, we apologize for any waiting times. The curator Elke Gruhn and the team of the Kunstverein are present and will be happy to answer any questions.
6:15 p.m: Greeting Karin Wolff, Director of the Kulturfonds Frankfurt RheinMain, and Axel Imholz, Head of Cultural Affairs of the State Capital Wiesbaden (open air)
7 pm: Performance "The Space is Between" by Simon Van Heddegem
So that you and our employees stay healthy, we ask you to adhere to the following rules:
- Masks are required for the visit in the Kunstverein (For children from 6)
- For security reasons, the number of visitors will be reduced until further notice. We therefore apologize for any waiting times at the entrance.
- We ask you to keep the required distance of 1.5 meters to other visitors as well as to our employees.
- We recommend the suggested route through the exhibition rooms.
- Please note the general hygiene rules.
- Plexiglass and / or mask usage can be found at all contact points with our employees.
- All areas of the Kunstverein are cleaned several times a day.
- In the sanitary area you will find soap and disinfectants, in addition you will find disinfectants on every floor of the house.
- We ask you to fill out a contact tracking form if we expect more than 10 people at events.